[c-nsp] Cisco 12000 / SIP 601 / Throughput

Ahmed Hilmy hilmy.aa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:34:11 EDT 2013

Hello Friends,

I have 12000 router, i have installed SIP 601 which is supported to 2x XFP
10 GE.
I have connect the 1st one to my UP Link and 2nd one to my Backbone.
At this SIP,
 Traffic in will be ( Download from UP Link and Upload from Backbone )
Traffic out will be ( Download to Backbone and Upload to Up Link )
My questions are:
- shall my SIP work half or full rate ?
- full duplex, 10 GE IN / 10 GE OUT ?
-SIP 601 will do local forwarding for the traffic ? ( Download coming from
UP Link to Backbone )  or should go to RSP ( control plane ) and if this
true so the SIP will carry only 10 GE ( IN + OUT ) ... ?

Would you please share your experience about this isue.

Regards,
Ahmed