[c-nsp] Limit on maximum number of NATs

Riccardo S dim0sal at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:53:53 EDT 2013

Sorry, didn't catch you.

Is there an official number for the available memory for NAT on ISR ?

Today I see the following:

3925E#sh ip nat statistics
Total active translations: 2669 (354 static, 2315 dynamic; 2315 extended)
Peak translations: 21739, occurred 7w0d ago
Outside interfaces:
  GigabitEthernet0/0
Inside interfaces:
  GigabitEthernet0/1
Hits: 4059853116  Misses: 0
CEF Translated packets: 4050190207, CEF Punted packets: 9662996
Expired translations: 60127030
Dynamic mappings:

Total doors: 0
Appl doors: 0
Normal doors: 0
Queued Packets: 0

Since this is a very sensitive equipment, I'd like to have a feedback to understand if I have to think to replace it.

Tks