[c-nsp] Multilink PPPoE client docs

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu Apr 11 17:41:25 EDT 2013

I think I'm just tired or not thinking straight anymore...

I'm looking for docs on how to configure a 15.2 2911 to do multilink PPPoE-client like stuff -

I've got 4 modems connected to 4 ports on a switch, each in their own VLAN.  A fifth port on the switch is trunking to the 2911 where I have subinterfaces configured.  All the configuration bits successfully get a single session up, but that's as far as I've got.  My google-fu can't find anything on multilink PPPoE - I've found multilink PPPoA stuff, but that doesn't really help me...

!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 description Facing Cisco 3550 fa0/24
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 pppoe enable group global
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 dial-on-demand
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.11
 encapsulation dot1Q 11
 pppoe enable group global
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 dial-on-demand
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.12
 encapsulation dot1Q 12
 pppoe enable group global
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 dial-on-demand
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.13
 encapsulation dot1Q 13
 pppoe enable group global
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 dial-on-demand
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.14
 encapsulation dot1Q 14
 pppoe enable group global
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 dial-on-demand
!
interface Dialer1
 ip address negotiated
 ip mtu 1492
 ip nat outside
 ip virtual-reassembly in
 encapsulation ppp
 ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
 dialer pool 1
 dialer idle-timeout 180 either
 dialer hold-queue 100
 dialer-group 1
 ppp authentication chap pap callin
 ppp chap hostname poo
 ppp chap password 0 a8xTYnUD
 ppp pap sent-username poo password 0 poo
 ppp multilink
 no cdp enable
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1