[c-nsp] data center/mpls/vpls

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Apr 15 14:56:58 EDT 2013

On 4/15/2013 2:07 AM, Andrew Miehs wrote:
>> I would like a pair of top-of-rack devices that can mirror one another if
>> possible too, like cisco's 6509-vss thing.or at least like nexus vpc
>> (multichassis link aggregation/bundling)
>>
> The Nexus 5Ks are pretty cheap and good if you only need L2.

I'm still a Nexus virgin... so excuse my naive question... but... :)

I've heard more than once that Nexus 5K is not quite ready for Layer-3
prime time, but I have also heard others swear by at (as opposed to
swearing AT it).

So what's the real scoop?  Are you deploying N5K just for L2 and
front-ending it with some other L3 device?

Jeff