[c-nsp] Possible to talk ospfv3 with auth or encryption to Brocade?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu Apr 18 12:31:23 EDT 2013

Thanks Nathanael, I've kind of worked myself towards the same
conclusion over the past few hours.  I've found a working config
as follows:

Brocade side:

ipv6 ospf authentication ipsec spi #### esp sha1 KEY

Cisco side:

 ipv6 ospf authentication null
 ipv6 ospf encryption ipsec spi #### esp null sha1 KEY

This is kind of weird since I would think the two statements
on the Cisco side would conflict, but I have ospfv3 area
authentication enabled so perhaps the 'auth null' command
disables the area auth from being applied to the interface
while the encryption command does indeed set the interface
to do esp with sha1 auth and null encryption.

If I do a show ipv6 ospf int on each side, the Brocade side
thinks its doing authentication (real numbers replaced):

  Authentication Use: Enabled
   KeyRolloverTime(sec): Configured: 300 Current: 0
   KeyRolloverState: NotActive
   Outbound: SPI:500, ESP, SHA1
      Key:1234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   Inbound: SPI:500, ESP, SHA1
      Key:1234567890123456789012345678901234567890

But the Cisco side is confusing:

  NULL encryption SHA-1 auth SPI 500, secure socket UP (errors: 0)
  authentication NULL

Am I doing sha1 auth and the output is misleading, or am I
just doing ESP with no auth and the Brocade is incorrectly
accepting that even though its config should make it drop
a no-auth packet?

Thanks,

David