[c-nsp] Xconnect between two interface on a Cisco 6500 vs-S2T-10G

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Apr 19 10:12:17 EDT 2013

On 19/04/2013 13:51, Sander Steffann wrote:
> Any reason why you're not using plain switchports and vlans? The 6500 is
> a switch after all :-)

... for the same reason you would want an mpls p/w instead of
point-to-point vlan for remote connectivity.  I.e. no special hacks to
handle STP, local discovery protocols, etc; carrier state is preserved, and
you're not chewing up l2 cam space on the networking infrastructure and
doing mac limiting on the customer.  I have often wanted this particular
feature to get me out of a hole.

Nick