[c-nsp] Netflow collector location

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:31:24 EDT 2013

Hi,
We currently have a number of netflow collectors "local" to our Netflow exporters(7200's and ASR's) - A suggestion has been raised(To save costs) to have a single collector and all our Netflow exporters send netflow data to it.
Latency to this proposed collector would range from a couple of m/sec to 90m/sec - I understand the netflow uses udp, and there would be a potential to lose flows in this setup - Is there a design guide/best practice guide available?(I've googled/checked Cisco's site - but there are only recommendations to have the collector "close" to the exporter)
Thanks.