[c-nsp] Netflow collector location

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Apr 20 02:45:38 EDT 2013

On Apr 20, 2013, at 1:10 PM, CiscoNSP List wrote:

> Thanks for the reply - data is used for billing (So it is critical)....hence my concern with lost flows.

NetFlow should be exported via your OOB/DCN.

If you're losing packets on your OOB/DCN, you've bigger problems than worrying about a few lost flows.

;>

Some degree of centralization or regionalization is standard in most flow telemetry collection/analysis deployments.  UDP vs. TCP isn't an issue in well-designed, well-operated networks.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton