[c-nsp] ES20+ L3 subinterface or service instance ?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Apr 21 06:57:42 EDT 2013

On (2013-04-21 03:11 -0700), Tony wrote:

Hi,

> We are starting to migrate some connections from SIP400/SPA to ES20+ cards on our 7609's (sup720 w/ SRD4)

> interface GigabitEthernet2/0/1.512
>  service-policy output shape_to_carrier_tail_speed

You should definitely use subinterfaces when you can, EVC when you must.

Please pay attention to your MQC configs, SIP400 and ES+ QoS configs are
not 1:1 compatible. You should relab all your QoS to confirm they behave in
a manner you expect.
Even when it's simple as shaper, ask yourself, do you expect to receive L1
or L2 speed? What are you receiving today?

--
  ++ytti