[c-nsp] data center/mpls/vpls

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Apr 21 14:27:44 EDT 2013

On 16/04/13 15:44, Aaron wrote:
> Thanks for the warning on the 9000v
>
> We have thought about using it but aren't going to for the DC deployment.
> (it doesn't have the (11) 10gig interfaces we need to begin with)  It always
> seemed attractive that it was advertised as a linecard in an asr9k with all
> the features that an asr9k/ios xr has to offer, but your commentary doesn't
> make me feel very good about it

I was going to mention the 9000v, but you've discounted that now.

Extreme X670V and X440 have MPLS features, including L2VPN, and have
quite excellent ToR density.

No idea how it'll fair with regards to interop with the ASR9K, but they
do have those features included, even if it isn't well documented in
their data sheets (and MLAG, and OpenFlow, and standards-compliant TRILL
is coming soon too.)

Tom