[c-nsp] InfoBlox

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 14:12:09 EDT 2013

Hi,
> My thoughts are that this group is very knowledgeable about all networking
> topics and it makes sense to me

this group works because its a forum dedicated to a particular vendor
and specific remit. the SnR is pretty good and you get answers because
its a specific group FOR that purpose.   if you want to ask questions
about InfoBlox then visit/use an InfoBlox forum....as its a commercial
product you could even ask them - have you got a maintenance contract?

<offtopic personal view> if thats how they've decided to engineer their kit
then so be it...if you want to do things on different interfaces then just
install your own Linux box and put your own copy of ISC DHCPD and BIND onto
it - then you can do whatever you want with whatever interfaces you've got..
(and no, c-nsp isnt here for when theres issues with that, use a Linux or ISC
mailing list ;-) )

now, back on topic, I'm using AAA/dot1X with multi-host but recent cisco
docs seem to suggest multi-auth is the way to go when theres a VOIP handset
present - any views?

alan