[c-nsp] ipsla - latency - related to cellular backhaul

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 19:35:01 EDT 2013

Hi,

>________________________________
> From: Aaron <aaron1 at gvtc.com>
>
>Tac says that this drop and the latency seen using various ipsla pings is
>expected since all pings are treated less than everything else and could be
>getting policed by LPTS (I don't know what LPTS is)

Google tells me that LPTS = Local Packet Transport Services. TAC are meaning packets that are destined for the router control plane, not the forwarding plane (ie. packets TO the router, not THROUGH the router). Response to these packets can depend on how busy the router is and also any CoPP that might be implemented. Has potentially to be true. If you have no CoPP on the devices and they are under minimal load (CPU wise) then this probably shouldn't be a factor.

Are you losing any traffic that is going through the device (ie. from ping tests) ?

regards,
Tony.