[c-nsp] Cisco Wireless IPv6 Management

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 09:13:08 EDT 2013

This might be a question that should be targeted more towards a Cisco
AM/SE, but does anyone know the roadmap for IPv6 management support on
Cisco Wireless equipment? (I am most interested in IPv6 management for
autonomous access points.)

Documentation says:

"The support of IPv6 addresses for management access on wireless LAN
devices, including access points, controllers, Network Control System
(NCS), and Mobility Service Engine (MSE) is planned for future releases."

http://goo.gl/4Y19pK

With WiFi deployments easily reaching 1,000s of access-points, it would be
very helpful to have IPv6 for management. I'm sure I can't be the only one
who thinks that.

Response on/off-list is fine.

--
Tim:>