[c-nsp] Help with VPLS expected behavior on CRS

Herro91 herro91 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:25:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having trouble with VPLS on CRS' in my lab using plain old LDP, no
autodiscovery. The pseudowires come up and I am able to perform a
pseudowire ping across them. All show commands show that everything looks
right, but nothing gets forwarded over the pseudowire, except perhaps the
first 4 out of 5 packets, but it is not consistent.

One thing I noticed was the VC-type showed up as Ethernet, even if the AC
was a dot1q interface. When I tried to change the transport-mode command to
vlan, the config would not commit despite the odd error message stating -
this command was only available for VPLS.

I am running XR 4.2.1

Has anyone had a similar problems?

Thanks!