[c-nsp] Resetting (or not) a 6500/sup720 from the console/rommon

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Aug 12 10:19:35 EDT 2013

On 12/08/13 15:14, Andriy Bilous wrote:
> I suspect you would need to sync config-registers on both. In some
> circumstances when SP fails to boot, chassis would program 'halt on
> boot' on RP to prevent infinite reset cycling (most electrical failures
> happen on reset).

Erm... Just to re-iterate the date here:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk

...I originally reported this over 3 years ago, so TBH replying to me
now is not helpful ;o)

Anyway, in *our* case, config-register was not implicated - a power
cycle made it come up fine, and both RP and SP confreg were ok.

I am fairly convinced it is (was?) some esoteric "never halt" bug in the
RP IOS code.