[c-nsp] redistribute bgp subnet

Darren O'Connor darrenoc at outlook.com
Thu Aug 15 17:28:43 EDT 2013

You can run BGP with your customer. Set aside some of your address space for p2p customer links and the range you assign to the customer sits behind their router.

Make your customers use private AS numbers and you ensure that those AS numbers are stripped outbound to your ISP. Of course you need to advertise an aggregate to your ISP.

So something like this:

/29 - [Customer Router]----BGP /30---- [Your router] --BGP-- [Your ISP]

Darren
http://www.mellowd.co.uk/ccie