[c-nsp] Initializing trace files on CRS

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:21:31 EDT 2013

I'm trying to run a couple of trace commands and I'm running into something
unusual. When I try "show pim trace" I get a handful of lines but nothing
useful at all. I should be getting page after page of output, or at least I
would expect that since that's what I see on other CRS that I deal with. If
I try "show bgp trace", I get the following error:

Trace files(s) not found or has not been initialized

I get that same message when trying several other trace commands. However,
some trace commands work, like "show arp trace".

Any idea why PIM and BGP traces aren't enabled? I haven't been able to find
any command that initializes trace files. We don't have anything like that
on the other routers I usually work on and I have no problems with those.

In case it's relevant, this is on XR 4.2.4.

Thanks,
John