[c-nsp] PPPOE intermittently fails to respond to PPP keepalives on 7204xvr with 12.4(24)T5

jjeffries jjeffries at labyrinth.net
Wed Aug 21 22:39:31 EDT 2013

I've seem this, also on a 7200. I don't recall the troubled IOS version
exactly; 15.(anything) fixes it.

The problem was that the 7200 was not correctly setting the 802.1p COS
for the PPPOE keepalives, etc. In times of subscriber/network
congestion, the keepalives were getting randomly dropped and certain
routers, mostly Linksys, did not like that one bit and would disconnect.

There is no config option on the 7200 to set/change the COS for
pppoe-in-vlan, it just does it. Or it should, anyway.

-jason