[c-nsp] Catalyst 6500/6800 suitable as PE in provider network (SUP2T)?

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 16:20:39 EDT 2013

Hi,

Depending on your 10G requirements ASR903 might be an option (it
provides up to 4x10G + 15x1G) with redundant sups. It runs IOS XE.
Other option might be the 2 slot ASR9k - ASR9904
(http://d2zmdbbm9feqrf.cloudfront.net/2013/usa/pdf/BRKSPG-2684.pdf
slide 15). I personally wouldn't go with the 6x00 as it still feels
like the whole MPLS aspect of it (particularly L2 aspects of it) is
not at the core of the design of the platform.

kind regards
Pshem