[c-nsp] ME3400 FHRP - GLBP with IPv4 and IPv6

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Mon Dec 2 09:13:31 EST 2013

Am 27.11.2013 18:17, schrieb Calin C.:
> Hi,
>
> I did encounter this message only with HSRP and there the problem was
> that IPv6 requires version 2 and IPv4 works fine with version 1.
>
> For GLBP...please let me know if you find the answer.

Just FYI - we've got the answer from TAC now that the ME3400G won't
support an FHRP with IPv4 and IPv6 on the *same interface*. It seems to
be a hardware limitation of this series.

In order to implement first hop redundancy for both protocols on the
same interface we ended up with HSRP for IPv4 and Anycast for IPv6.

Cheers,
Gerald