[c-nsp] VLAN bridging and routing on 7600

Rod James Bio rjubio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 22:32:02 EST 2013

Hi

     I need to pass a couple of vlans from my switch trunk port to
another switch trunk both of which connected to my 7600 with RSP7203cxl.
Then from the same trunk port I have to get another vlan and assign an
ip address to that vlan.

switchA -------*trunk*--------- 7600 ----------*trunk*-------- switchB
                        X,Y,Z               |                    Y,Z

                                   vlanX (ip address x.x.x.x)

Looking around I see IRB, but its not supported in 7600s according
documentations.

Hope someone could provide assistance or if it is even possible with my
current setup.

Thanks!

--
*Rod Bio *