[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 9 08:43:08 EST 2013

Hi!

> I first suspected my lack experience with v6 access-lists and tried various
> permutations of source/destination. Then prefix- instead of access-lists -
> to no avail.

Personally I exclusively use prefix-lists in route-maps related to routing
protocols; I hate representing prefixes in ACL's. I understand that this
doesn't fix the problem, but it may be something to look into to simplify
the configuration.

Then again, this may be a matter of taste ...

> Nope - all connected interfaces are visible on all peer routers. Looks like the
> IS-IS routing process is ignoring the route-map alltogether.

Well, why don't you try to remove the redistribution completely:
 > no redistribute connected route-map redistribute

Perhaps, the network is redistributed by another mechanism and you are looking at
the problem from the wrong angle. For that matter: passive-interface in ISIS has
a different behavior than in OSPF.

> 12.2(33)SXI12 and 12.2(33)SXJ6 both show this behaviour. Am I missing something
> more general, here? Or can it be remotely possible that this is not yet implemented [tm]?

I would suggest you give 15.1(2)SY a try.

Regards,

Lukasa