[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Dec 9 08:55:07 EST 2013

Hi, Lukas,

Am 09.12.2013 um 14:43 schrieb Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at hotmail.com>:
> Well, why don't you try to remove the redistribution completely:
>  > no redistribute connected route-map redistribute

But I do want to redistribute all connected subnets into IS-IS. I just want
to prevent addresses that do not belong to me from entering the IGP.
Think of typing error, local transfer networks on BGP links that belong
to my partner instead of me, and the like. Proved useful for v4 and I’m
trying to keep it for

> Perhaps, the network is redistributed by another mechanism and you are looking at
> the problem from the wrong angle. For that matter: passive-interface in ISIS has
> a different behavior than in OSPF.

You nailed it - even if I remove redistribution alltogether, the route shows up on
the peers. Thanks. That gives me a direction for further investigation and some reading.

>> 12.2(33)SXI12 and 12.2(33)SXJ6 both show this behaviour. Am I missing something
>> more general, here? Or can it be remotely possible that this is not yet implemented [tm]?
>
> I would suggest you give 15.1(2)SY a try.

Didn’t IOS 15 introduce a completely new and rather burdensome licensing mechanism?
http://etherealmind.com/ios-15-licensing-how-we-work/

If that article get’s it correctly, I’d rather avoid 15 as long as possible.

Kind regards
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100