[c-nsp] cheap core switch for a "hacker space" (nonprofit association)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Dec 9 10:15:12 EST 2013

On Monday, December 09, 2013 03:40:12 PM Nikolay Shopik
wrote:

> Only exception is new cat 3650, with 12Mb buffer, which
> is double amount from previous generation with just 6Mb
> shared buffer.

I've dropped the 3750X in favour of the 3650 due to a longer
lifespan for the latter. However, I'm not sure how much of a
benefit the 12MB buffer on the 3650 gives for bursty
traffic.

That said, the QoS feature set on the 3650 looks quite
detailed (and it MQC style). These switches are meant to
double of low-to-medium end wireless controllers, so not
sure if that gives them better grade or not. We'll see if I
buy them.

Mark.