[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Dec 9 10:30:11 EST 2013

On Monday, December 09, 2013 03:43:08 PM Lukas Tribus wrote:

> Personally I exclusively use prefix-lists in route-maps
> related to routing protocols; I hate representing
> prefixes in ACL's. I understand that this doesn't fix
> the problem, but it may be something to look into to
> simplify the configuration.

> Then again, this may be a matter of taste ...

I typically stay way from redistribution, apart from two
scenarios:

	1. l3vpn's, since redistribution is local to an
	   l3vpn context.

	2. Anycast DNS, because IS-IS in Quagga is unusable.
	   So OSPF on a FreeBSD Quagga installation, talking
	   to OSPF on a router, and the router then
	   redistributes (with prefix list matching, of
	   course) that data into IS-IS for the rest of the
	   network to see.

> Perhaps, the network is redistributed by another
> mechanism and you are looking at the problem from the
> wrong angle. For that matter: passive-interface in ISIS
> has a different behavior than in OSPF.

I'm thinking the OP is either running IS-IS on external
links, or running passive-interface on them.

Either option will guarantee external routes being
introduced into the network. If you don't want to that, run
BGP's next-hop-self and forget about IS-IS on the external
links.

My recommendation is to run IS-IS on internal links and
Loopbacks only, and put the rest into iBGP.

Mark.