[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Dec 9 10:34:00 EST 2013

On Monday, December 09, 2013 04:15:47 PM Nick Hilliard
wrote:
> On 09/12/2013 13:43, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> > Perhaps, the network is redistributed by another
> > mechanism and you are looking at the problem from the
> > wrong angle. For that matter: passive-interface in
> > ISIS has a different behavior than in OSPF.
>
> support for ipv6 advertise passive-only was added some
> time in 15.2 on other platforms.  I don't know if it's
> hit later 15.x on the PFC3 platforms.  I use it on other
> boxes, and it works as expected on MT ISIS. No idea how
> and whether it works with single topology isis.

passive-interface in IOS works differently for OSPF and IS-
IS.

For OSPF, passive-interface doesn't work until you actually
either run OSPF on that interface, or add the subnet of the
affected interface as "network" statement in OSPF.

In IS-IS, passive-interface works correctly. Any interface
configured as "passive" in IS-IS has its IP address loaded
into IS-IS, without needed to run IS-IS on the interface.

Given the way this works for OSPF in IOS, I've often
wondered what the point was.

Never ran OSPF on IOS XR, so don't know.

Never ran OSPF on Junos, so not sure whether this is an
issue with the spec., or with Cisco themselves.

Cheers,

Mark.