[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Tue Dec 10 14:27:26 EST 2013

Hi,

Am 10.12.2013 um 20:13 schrieb Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org>:
> On 10/12/2013 18:28, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
>> Can an IOS router serve as a route reflector? Once I have the C6500 in
>> production I have two spare 3825 that feature 1 GB of RAM each and
>> should thus have suficcient resources, specifically when they are not
>> busy routing traffic, anymore.
>
> they would probably be very good for the job on a small network, yes.

So my final plan is simple:

- use IS-IS and eBGP now just as it is today (one single iBGP link between the two big boxes)
- get new systems and v6 up and running
- when all old systems and OSPF are retired, add route-reflector and iBGP
  (with a conveniently larger administrative distance than IS-IS by default)
- narrow IS-IS to just the backbone links one external link at a time while watching the routes

Doesn’t look like too much additional work to me given the size of my network.

Thanks a lot - where are you located? I’d buy you and Mark a beer or two should
we ever meet ;-)

Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100