[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Dec 10 14:54:47 EST 2013

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 09:27:26 PM Patrick M. Hausen
wrote:

> - when all old systems and OSPF are retired, add
> route-reflector and iBGP (with a conveniently larger
> administrative distance than IS-IS by default) - narrow
> IS-IS to just the backbone links one external link at a
> time while watching the routes

Just remember that once you have next-hop-self enabled in
iBGP, you don't need to run the external links in IS-IS,
either as passive or directly.

If you don't really need to carry external prefixes in your
IGP, don't.

> Thanks a lot - where are you located? I’d buy you and
> Mark a beer or two should we ever meet ;-)

I'm staying off planes and out of hotels for the whole of
December; so if you find yourself in southern Africa in the
coming weeks, I'll be happy to drink with you :-).

Mark.