[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Dec 11 16:06:22 EST 2013

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:57:48 PM Gert Doering
wrote:

> Not unusal to see such thing over here.  Both Patrick and
> I run "mostly datacenter style" ISPs today, with not
> much change happening on the number of "router" nodes
> deployed.
>
> We grow, but we grow in power consumption, air condition
> challenges, layer2 nastiness, and such :-) - but the
> number of core nodes only grows if we add another
> datacenter, which is a very rare event.

I did say "service provider", which was more toward, "I have
eyeballs that need MTV and Youtube".

Data centre operations, like yours, would be a different
beast, of course, and in fairness, I can see why your nodes
would be fairly static. And if they grew, it might still
make more sense to do virtual chassis things than do
unnecessary large scale routing.

It's like trying to run FCoE over an MPLS WAN - sounds like
it should work, but...

Mark.