[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 04:31:45 EST 2013

On 12/12/13 09:08, Gert Doering wrote:

> My imagination sees "outage in the VM management infrastructure which leads
> to all RRs being down at the same time, and no network left to bring them
> back"... *shiver*

Agreed - anyone using the "helpful" automagic stuff like vCentre for
something like an RR is crazy. We've had issues with it exploding and
the VMs being unmanageable.

OTOH a standalone hypervisor with no external dependencies can be pretty
much bulletproof; our DNS and DHCP servers run on KVM boxes, and they're
rock solid.

One advantage is reboot times - modern servers take an age to POST, but
a KVM guest can reboot in under 30 seconds.