[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at cisco.com
Thu Dec 12 05:57:18 EST 2013

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013, Mark Tinka wrote:

> CSR1000v is supported on ESXi only today, and to load it up,
> you require vSphere client. I'd rather you didn't, but it's

FWIW - not anymore:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csr1000/software/configuration/csroverview.html#wp1081607

I happily run a pair of them in my home lab in kvm on Mac Mini running
Ubuntu.

The install was as simple as creating the appropriately sized HDD disk
image and booting the VM off the ISO. With KVM, you get the usual option
of VNC console into it.

Warning: not a speed daemon. By far. But, it's also not been long since it
was released, so I am hoping this is not the final performance point.

--a

p.s. I also ran the latest version on my laptop in Fusion with no apparent
problem, but I did not test much besides some MAP-T stuff - I had been
doing "internet in a box" mode of development with everything hosted on my
laptop: client, cpe, "internet", and csr1kv being all in different VMs
crossconnected internally withing Fusion. So don't take that toying as a
"supported" config for business-critical stuff.