[c-nsp] 4500X weird issue...

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Thu Dec 12 18:05:20 EST 2013

Follow-up to the follow-up :)  Long story short...

Switch essentially "had no flash" and dir, etc gave errors.  TAC had us
boot from tftp image via ROMMON.  Booted up, found config, write mem
worked, founds it's VSS partner, and dropped to standby.  Rebooted the
other switch, this one became primary, and all is well.

Still don't understand why even ROMMON couldn't find a flash, yet tftp
booting IOS seemed to make everything well again.  But not looking a
gift horse in the mouth, just wondering in case this shows up again.  I
really don't like the "restart breaking things" scenario :)

Jeff