[c-nsp] Cisco 6509 LACP

Mike Glass MGlass at lccountymt.gov
Mon Feb 11 15:28:00 EST 2013

Ok , I had ip address on my vlans on the 6509, I put the corresponding
ip addresses on the force10 and can ping everything in those vlans fine,
and can ping the addresses from the 6509.

So wonder if it is a configuration on the vmware side or the force10
side, dell set it up to work as planned but not to sure now.

Thanks again

Mike

>>> Tóth András<diosbejgli at gmail.com> 2/11/2013 10:49 AM >>>
Hi Mike,

You can configure one unassigned IP address to each switch's "interface
Vlan x", and check if they can ping each other when using a
port-channel. This should not cause any harm if you use an unassigned
IP. The configured IP then can be used for testing between the force10
and vmware, by doing a direct ping test between them, then between the
6500 and the vmware.

Best regards,
Andras

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Mike Glass <MGlass at lccountymt.gov>