[c-nsp] tracking down sporadic packet loss

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Feb 13 17:22:49 EST 2013

Top posting and wrapping this up…

While we shop for other gear that will give us more GigE ports, I did finally do a swap last night - on paper, I suppose it's a downgrade, but I put a 3550 in place of the 3560 and things do indeed look better:

http://i.imgur.com/N7Nanr6.png

The issues I saw between the G2 and the switch were resolved by removing shaping on a vlan - apparently that was asking too much of the NPE-G2.

Charles

ps - thanks to "Tim W" for some guidance offlist