[c-nsp] New to Nexus gear.... how does the licenses work?

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:01:00 EST 2013

Follow up to anyone who might stumble across this post:

we got these switches and the sho lic us showed:

HSB5548B# sh license usa

Feature                      Ins  Lic   Status Expiry Date Comments

                                 Count

FCOE_NPV_PKG                  No    -   Unused             -

FM_SERVER_PKG                 No    -   Unused             -

ENTERPRISE_PKG                No    -   Unused             -

FC_FEATURES_PKG               No    -   Unused             -

VMFEX_FEATURE_PKG             No    -   Unused             -

ENHANCED_LAYER2_PKG           No    -   Unused             -

LAN_BASE_SERVICES_PKG         No   -   Unused       -

LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG   No    -   Unused             -

HSB5548B#

This was the factor not installing the license files.

we opened a case with licensing and gave them all the Right to Use SO
numbers and they issued us the license the factor should have installed.

YMMV

Scott