[c-nsp] ip tcp adjust-mss

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Thu Feb 14 12:44:35 EST 2013

Reality is UDP matters.

LR Mack McBride
Network Architect

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy [mailto:randy_94108 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:14 PM
To: Mack McBride
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ip tcp adjust-mss

HUH!

What corner cases??
This thread was about TCP:(ip tcp adjust-mss)not UDP!
As, has been already pointed out:

To OP:

Put in the little-effort required to UP MTU's on your physical-interfaces to support your services and as already-mentioned, design/re-design your network accordingly.

"ip-mtu and mtu(physical-int) are two very different things.
./Randy