[c-nsp] How important is the HW revision of a module?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Feb 14 15:17:04 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 19:12 +0200, Saku Ytti wrote:
> PCNs often have revisions mentioned. When they do, they will tell what has
> been changed and why.
>
> http://tools.cisco.com/emco/pcnclei/prsc/pcnClei.do

Hey nice! How come I didn't listen when someone probably told me about
this earlier. :-)

I tried looking for something related to the heat sink problem on 6700
cards (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/110082) and it
would seem that E081964 fits:

> 4) Changed the heatsink clip to allow longer lead for crimping
>    the ends.

Only problem is that the serial numbers and VID mentioned don't match
what we have. I'm 98% certain we have a WS-X6748-GE-TX with the problem
that has S/N SAL10435xxx and VID V02 (according to "show inventory").
(Only 98% certain because it's from memory, I'm not near the module
right now.)

Has anybody found a field notice reference for the heat sink problem?

--
Peter