[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 ES/ES+ licensing

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Feb 15 02:34:14 EST 2013

On (2013-02-14 17:14 -0800), Tony wrote:

> Cisco stance is obviously that if you're going to use the features from the Advanced license, then you need to purchase it.

Indeed. Curiously CSCO has said you cannot resell the licenses, you can
sell your cards when you don't need them any more.

But I believe[0] that might be against current laws in EU. So you you might
be able to buy licenses off people who've resold their cards but not
licenses. Many would be probably interested in the transaction, as
essentially you're giving them money, they don't have to do anything.

[0] I think precedent is about software. So legally it might be grey area,
CSCO might claim license is for hardware, not for software, at which point
the EU ruling likely would not directly apply.

--
  ++ytti