[c-nsp] Next step-up from 7206VXR

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:34:06 EST 2013

There are two pieces: control plane processing power and TCAM.

Sup720 CPU can't really keep up with the average churn of the internet
anymore. RSP720's and Sup2T CPUs can still keep up.

Both RSP720-3CXL and Sup2T-XL can support 1 million routes*

*hardware implementation is different on these cards and how v4/v6 routes
are shared in hardware storage is not the same.