[c-nsp] Next step-up from 7206VXR

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Feb 20 04:15:35 EST 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Jon Lewis wrote:

> The Sup720 can do 1 million routes too.  Can you point out where cisco
> says the implementation is any different between the Sup720, RSP720, and
> Sup2T that makes the latter capable of handling more v4/v6 routes than
> the former. Everything I've seen says the FIB TCAM space has not been
> improved.

I saw an output someone pasted to me from a Sup2T indicating it would take
1M IPv4 routes and 0.5M IPv6 routes (at the same time). I don't have
access to one myself so I can't verify.

The major issue with Sup720 is that it's slow and I've seen them fall over
and start losing other adjacancies when there was a lot of BGP work.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se