[c-nsp] Next step-up from 7206VXR

Devon True devon at noved.org
Wed Feb 20 10:35:40 EST 2013

On 20-Feb-13 9:15 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Jon Lewis wrote:
>
>> The Sup720 can do 1 million routes too.  Can you point out where
>> cisco says the implementation is any different between the Sup720,
>> RSP720, and Sup2T that makes the latter capable of handling more
>> v4/v6 routes than the former. Everything I've seen says the FIB
>> TCAM space has not been improved.
>
> I saw an output someone pasted to me from a Sup2T indicating it
> would take 1M IPv4 routes and 0.5M IPv6 routes (at the same time). I
> don't have access to one myself so I can't verify.

Does this help?

#sh platform hardware capacity forwarding
L3 Forwarding Resources
             FIB TCAM usage:                     Total        Used       %Used
                  72 bits (IPv4, MPLS, EoM)     1048576        6995          1%
                 144 bits (IP mcast, IPv6)      524288         249          1%
                 288 bits (IPv6 mcast)          262144           1          1%

> The major issue with Sup720 is that it's slow and I've seen them fall
> over and start losing other adjacancies when there was a lot of BGP
> work.

That has been observation too.

--
Devon