[c-nsp] 4900M config examples?

Hagen AMEN hagen.a.amen at multco.us
Wed Feb 27 15:48:11 EST 2013

Hi Bernie,

I've got a 4900M (running 15.1(1)SG). This works fine:

aaa new-model
!
!
aaa group server tacacs+ blah
 server-private x.x.x.x key foo
 ip vrf forwarding mgmtVrf
 ip tacacs source-interface FastEthernet1
!
aaa authentication login default group blah local
aaa authentication enable default group blah enable
aaa authorization exec default group blah local
aaa authorization commands 0 default group blah local
aaa authorization commands 1 default group blah local
aaa authorization commands 15 default group blah local
aaa accounting exec default start-stop group blah
aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group blah

There is also, of course, a local account and the int Fa1 is in vrf
'mgmtVrf'.

Seemed to need the vrf assignment in the tacacs server group, as well as
the source-interface.

ttyl,
Hagen

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Bernie <zenbernie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have any good examples for 4900M configs? I've been surfing Google
> but I cannot locate any configs for AAA setup that seem to work for me. I
> end up able to run aaa tests from my new switch but I can't get it to query
> my server on login. I suspect it's more a general problem with routing
> setup but I've never worked with VRFs before and would like to find some
> working config examples for the 4900M if possible, and keep tinkering away.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bernie

Hagen Amen  |  IT Networking  |  988-5227