[c-nsp] 6509 with SUP720-3BXL and WS-X6704-10GE with DFC3BXL

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:39:23 EST 2013

Hello,

After wading through hours of pages on Cisco's site I was not able to
determine if the following configuration will work without having to
upgrade either the DFC or the IOS. We have some switches that I need to
install some 10G ports in. I have some WS-X6704-10GE blades with 3BXL DFC
boards on them. I don't have a chassis to test with, and don't want to ship
these out to have them installed if they are not going to work. The chassis
have SUP720-3BXL's in them and are running
s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH. Aside from the fact that the IOS
is older, does anyone see any issues with this IOS and SUP working with the
WS-X6704-10GE?

Thanks,

Lee