[c-nsp] VACL and SPAN load share on destination ports

Ben Hammadi, Kayssar (NSN - TN/Tunis) kayssar.ben_hammadi at nsn.com
Tue Jan 8 03:49:26 EST 2013

Dears ,

  Below the configuration for SPAN and VACL :

interface GigabitEthernet9/24
switchport
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate
switchport capture
interface GigabitEthernet9/46
switchport
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate
switchport capture

monitor session 1 source vlan 1351 , 1356 - 1357 , 3737
monitor session 1 destination interface Gi1/43
monitor session 1 destination interface Gi9/23

    load balancing is needed between Gi9/24 and Gi9/46 by VACL  , and
needed between Gi1/43 and Gi9/23 by SPAN. I tried to group Gi9/24 and
Gi9/46 into a port channel but "switchport capture" was not supported
under a Po, I tried also to load balance manually by  "switchport
capture allowed vlan ..."  but I start to have one way traffic and lot
of  missing packet   :

TSA3-PACOSWA9002(config)#interface port-channel 3
TSA3-PACOSWA9002(config-if)#switchport capture
                                       ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Any suggestion please ?

Br.