[c-nsp] WS-X6708-10G-3CXL usable with SUP2T?

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Tue Jan 8 12:51:45 EST 2013

Hi,

It's a no go... I was looking at getting some 6708/6704 cards and stumbled onto this note awhile back.

Note: Due to compatibility issues, the WS-X6708-10GE-3C/3CXL cannot be inserted in a Supervisor 2T system, and must be upgraded to the new WS-X6908-10GE-2T/2TXL

Source the sup 2T whitepaper.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/white_paper_c11-676346.html

Regards

Brian