[c-nsp] warning about important ERSPAN bug in 6500/7600 code (SX/SR trains)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jan 10 06:24:11 EST 2013

Hello.

CSCsb70129 means an ERSPAN session which is in administrative shutdown
("shutdown" issued in the ERSPAN config), might start to ERSPAN traffic
even though the config says otherwise. Triggers might be that the source
port specified in the ERSPAN config goes down and comes up again (there
are others, like changing the config).

So I recommend everybody to not leave ERSPAN session config around in
shutdown state, instead delete whole or partial config (deleting source
interface should be sufficient).

The bug is closed and there are no plans to fix this it seems, which I
find very strange. I have escalated this.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se