[c-nsp] 6509-NEB-A

Blake Pfankuch blake at pfankuch.me
Thu Jan 10 15:38:21 EST 2013

We are currently looking at replacing our datacenter core.  Currently we have 2 6509-NEB-A's in core, and we are trying to weigh options on either upgrading sup's line cards to go 10gbit or looking at Nexus gear.  Obviously there is a little bit of dollar pain when even thinking nexus so I am trying to investigate a lower dollar thought.  We have to stay on something current so the next thing that came up is EOL/EOS on the 6509-NEB-A. Has anyone heard anything on when this might hit for the 6509-NEB-A platform?  We know our sup's go EOL in about a month, but I'm not finding anything on the 6509-NEB-A specifically.

Thanks!

Blake