[c-nsp] ios xr upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.3.0

Dumitru Ciobarcianu cisco-nsp at lnx.ro
Fri Jan 11 11:12:41 EST 2013

On 11-Jan-13 5:09 PM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> While we're on the subject of 4.3.0, I notice that it's a px release only - that means that support for RSP4/RSP8 has to wait until the p release, correct?

Incorrect:

 From the IOS XR 4.3.0 release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.3/general/release/notes/reln_430a9k.html

"PX PIE image files are the only option on all ASR9000 platforms
including RSP-2 and ASR9001 starting from Cisco IOS XR Software Release
4.3.0.

Starting Cisco IOS XR Software Release 4.3.0 of the Cisco ASR 9000
Aggregation Services Router platform, P images are no longer supported.
The P images are now converged with PX. Through the normal upgrade
process the migration will happen to PX."

I used the same image to upgrade an ASR9006/RSP440 and a few ASR9001

Dumitru