[c-nsp] L2 car/policing on C3560X (IOS 15.0(1)SE3, ip services licence)

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Mon Jan 14 01:11:53 EST 2013

Colleagues,

Is it possible to police traffic on L2 ports? I have configured a
policy map, but "sh policy-map interface" counters are all 0 and
traffic is not being policed (which is confirmed by iperf).

Could you please refer me to the relevant documentation? Thanks a lot
in advance.

=====================

!
policy-map ITSO
 description ITSO traffic
 class class-default
  police 2000000 8000 exceed-action drop
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/4
 description Energy Monitoring
 switchport access vlan 10
 service-policy input ITSO
!

=====================
sw-parabel#sh policy-map interface gi 0/4
 GigabitEthernet0/4

  Service-policy input: ITSO

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      0 packets, 0 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: any
sw-parabel#

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN