[c-nsp] N7K QoS with FEXes

Pavel Vraštiak vrastiak at selfservis.cz
Mon Jan 14 10:26:26 EST 2013

Hi list,
suppose you have two n7ks (F2 modules) connected to each other (vpc) and
several FEXes directly connected to them. Now, is it neccesary/possible
to configure any qos-related stuff on the link between fex and n7k? I
was not successful with that. I read somewhere that there are pause
frames which push congestion to other links.

Would setting DSCP values on ingress n2ks and prioritizing traffic on
egress from n7k based on these DSCP values be sufficient and working as
expected?

I mean, I found tons of stuff on that for n5k/n2ks, but n7k is way too
different.

Paul